We’ve created this page so that patients, families and carers concerned about dementia can find some answers, advice and support in one convenient place.
Alzheimer’s Society Support Groups
Cheltenham Memory Café is a place where you can go and chat to people who have been affected by dementia in a friendly and relaxed café environment.
They often host talks by a variety of local services and organisations who promote safety and wellbeing.
It is held on the second Tuesday of every month 10:30-12:30 at the Pittville Room, Cheltenham Municipal Offices.
Singing for the Brain is a group that meets at Bishops Cleeve Community Centre on the first and third Thursday of each month 11:00-12:30, it is an enjoyable and stimulating environment and helps the brain through the fun and exercise of singing.
Useful websites and contact details:
- The Dementia Advisory Service, Managing Memory 2gether – 0800 694 8800
- The Alzheimers Society – 01452 525222
- National Dementia Helpline – 0300 222 1122
- Young Dementia UK – 01993 776295
- Gloucestershire Carer’s Hub – 0300 111 9000
- Mindsong – a Gloucestershire based charity providing a range of music therapy and training in care homes and day centres throughout Gloucestershire. They work mainly with people who have mid to late-stage dementia – 07989 936270 or 01684 273656
- Iridis – an app to help design better environments for dementia patients – Iridis App