Support For Carers
Are You a Carer?
If so please let us know – we may be able to help you.
We support carers by providing information and contact points, being as flexible as possible with appointments and by offering a free annual healthcheck and a flu jab.
We work closely with Gloucestershire Carers Hub Telephone 0300 111 9000 or visit their website: www.gloucestershirecarershub.co.uk
There is a wealth of information on the NHS website about carers and caring. Below are some links into the site that we hope you will find useful.
- Telling people
- Caring responsibilities can make it difficult to maintain friendships or develop new ones. Telling your friends you’re a carer is important so they understand and can support you.
- Taking a break
- Caring for someone can be a full-time job, but it’s essential that you take time out for yourself too. Read our guide to accessing breaks and respite.
- Housing and carers
- Do you know your tenancy rights as a carer? Are you aware of all your care at home options? Do you need tips on moving someone around the home?
Finance and Law
- Benefits for carers
- Directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role
- Benefits for the person you care for
- Advice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to
- Death and benefits
- How your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits
- Personal and household finance
- Advice on keeping a tight rein on household and personal finance for carers
- Social fund
- Tax credits
- Information on claiming tax credits and whether you might be eligible